Where can I check my UH E-mail account?
You can check your email here.
What do I do if my computer freezes or gives me an error message?
Try the following step in this order to correct the problem:
(WARNING! Any unsaved information will be Lost!)
- Quit the application that is giving you the error and re-launch the application.
- Quit all applications and restart the machine
- Press the keys <Ctrl><Alt><Delete>. A “close Program” window will appear. Select the application that is giving you difficulty. Click on the “End Task” button.
- Press the keys <Ctrl><Alt><Delete> twice to reboot the machine.
- Press the RESET button on the front (or back) of your computer and hold it down for 2 seconds.
- Press the Power button. Wait for 11 seconds. Press the Power button again. The computer will go through a Scandisk routine to make sure the hard drive is working properly. (Some computers with only one button requires you to hold down the power button until it restarts i.e. new Compaq and HP computers.)
- If none of the above steps work the unplug the power from the computer. Wait 11 seconds. Then plug the computer back in and power it up. The computer will go through the Scandisk routine.
How Do I Publish a Web Page?
To publish a web page, go here.
How do I password protect my screen saver on a mac?
Password Protects Screen Saver on a Mac
How do I reset my user account password on a Mac?
Resetting a User Password on a Mac
How do I use my Windows password as my screen saver password?
Use Your Windows Password For Your Screensaver Password
How do I create a password for my user account in Windows?
How to Create a Password Winows Login Account
How do faculty and staff request access to the Leeward CC Wireless Network for their visitors that request internet access?
Leeward CC wireless access requires the user to login using their UH user ID and password. A staff or faculty member of Leeward CC can request temporarily access for a visitor through this website. Once you are on the VIA website follow these directions:
- Click on the “Sponsor a visitor” link
- Login using your UH user ID and password
- Click on the “new” icon to add a visitor
- Information needed from the requester are
- Visitor Name
- Visitor email address
- Visitor phone number
- Start date and end date for Wireless Access
- Reason for internet access
Note: Any University of Hawaii faculty, staff, or student from ANY campus has access to Leeward CC Wireless as long as they have a valid UH user ID
How do I access the Leeward CC Wireless Network?
Please go to the following link for complete information on how to connect to Leeward CC Wireless
What is the policy on downloading of copyright material like movies and music?
Downloading copyrighted material is illegal and a matter that is taken seriously under the University of Hawaii system. For more information go to the following link.
How can I tell if a website is safe?
It is easy to disguise a malicious website and make it look a legitimate web link. Use web validation sites or software. These tools use input from the community, website owners and other input for different sources to verify websites. Some also test websites for malicious activities like spyware or spam. Web validation sites let you check a specific website to verify that it is safe. Web validation software verify websites dynamically when you are on the Internet. Web Validation Links:
Norton’s web validation search engine can be reached here.
Google has created a link to verify websites. Note: Where it states “website url” enter the website address that you want to verify. Paste the following link in your browser address bar http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=website url
MacAfee SiteAdvisor is a free browser plug-in that works with Internet Explorer and Firefox that analyzes websites. The free download can be reached here.
How do faculty and staff request for a relocation or new network port?
All network connection request must be taken through helpdesk at ext. 271 or email at email@example.com.
ACCUPLACER is a placement assessment that measures your academic skills in order to accurately place you into the Math or English class that best suits you.
Do I Need To Take The Test?
If you are a recent high school graduate, AND you have completed any of the placement measure mentioned below, then a placement test may not be necessary.
- Smarter Balanced Assessment (SBAC) English and/or Math
- Cumulative High School GPA
- 12th Grade English Grade
- 12th Grade Intro to College Math Grade
- 12th Grade Algebra 3, Trigonometry, or Pre-Calculus Grade
- Algebra II Grade
- Algebra I Grade
- ACT Writing / Math score
- SAT Writing / Math score
- HiSET Language Arts / Math score
- GED Language Arts / Math Score
If you have not completed one of the above placement measures, OR if your placement scores are more than 2 years old, then you will need to take the ACCUPLACER test. Students who have completed the above placement measures still have the option of taking the ACCUPLACER.
Why Do I Need To Take The Test?
The results are used to aid in the selection of courses that are best for you. The results are also used to determine your eligibility for other courses.
- An identification card with your name, photo, and UH (Banner) Number. You will not be allowed to take the test without proper identification. (We prefer a current photo Campus ID if you have one). You should receive your UH (Banner) Number upon acceptance to a University of Hawaii system institution. IMPORTANT! We have phased out the use of Social Security Numbers on the Compass Placement Test systemwide. In accordance with UH Executive Policy E2.214, “Social Security Number(s), and its use as an identifier shall be phased out of all existing systems.” As a result, we will be using the attached “Request for UH Number” form to comply with State law and UH policy. Students who have not applied to Leeward CC but would like to take the Compass Placement Test will need to submit the completed form to the Admissions & Records office to obtain a UH number before testing. Click here to download the Request for UH Number form.
Where Do I Take The Test?
You may take the test at any UH Community College location. Contact the site for testing details and inform them that you will be attending Leeward CC.
Should I Prepare For The Test?
How Long Are The Tests?
What’s On The Test?
- Math (Arithmetic, College-Level Math, Elementary Algebra) – uses a multiple-choice format.
- WritePlacer (Written Essay) – measures your ability to write effectively. Your score is based on your ability to express, organize and support your opinions and ideas.
View sample test questions here.
What is the Placement re-test policy?
There will be a retest fee of $25 each time you elect to retake the test. Please note the following:
- A $25.00 fee will be charged for each time a student elects to retake the placement test.
- All Placement retests will cost $25.00 per sitting.
Leeward CC students exempt from the $25 retest fee if:
- You have not taken a Math course in 2 years
- Your Placement scores are more than 2 years old
How to Check if McAfee VirusScan Is Up to Date
- Locate and right-click the McAfee Endpoint Security icon in the lower right corner of your screen.
- A pop-up menu will appear. From this menu, select About.
- A window will appear with information about your McAfee Endpoint Security software. In this window, look for “Last security update check.”
- Check the date. The date should be today or a date close to the current date. If it does not say that, please repeat the “How to manually update your McAfee Endpoint Security” again.
How to Manually Update Your McAfee VirusScan
- Locate the McAfee Endpoint Security icon in the taskbar.
- Right-click the McAfee Endpoint security icon and select Update Security.
- A progress bar shows the update’s progress (~60 seconds), and the pop-up window will close once it finishes.
- When the updater is finished, the window will close in 30 seconds or you may select the Close button.
- To verify that the update was successful, you may repeat the “How to check if McAfee VirusScan Is Up to Date”
University of Hawaii System Wide Policies and Practices
- Use and Management of Information Technology Resources
- UH Username Practices
- Executive Policy: E2.214: “Institutional Data Classification Categories and Information Security Guidelines”
- System and Campus-Wide Electronic Channels of Communicating with Students
PDF files require appropriate software to view
Get the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.